Renewing your term sub-account
With a Manulife One term sub-account, it’s easy to make great progress towards paying down your debt – and avoid future interest rate fluctuations. That’s why renewing your sub-account for another term is so important. By renewing your sub-account, you can put yourself another step closer to reaching your financial goals.
Our quick and convenient sub-account renewal process will help ensure you stay on track.
What would you like to do?
I want short-term flexibility
The future can be full of surprises – unexpected changes that may affect your financial plan. Perhaps you’ll choose to move to a new home. Or, your income level may change.
A sub-account with a shorter term can provide the flexibility you need to manage your finances through different life events.
If short-term flexibility is important to you, consider the following terms:
- Fixed: 1-year open
- Fixed: 1-year closed
- Fixed: 2-year closed
- Fixed: 3-year closed
I want long-term predictability
Having a consistent approach to paying down your debt can help make managing your money simple and seamless.
A fixed-rate sub-account with a longer term can provide this type of predictability. You’ll know how much of your debt you’re paying down each month, based on a disciplined payment schedule – and you’ll avoid interest-rate fluctuations.
If long-term predictability is important to you, consider the following terms:
- Fixed: 3-year closed
- Fixed: 4-year closed
- Fixed: 5-year closed
- Fixed: 7-year closed
- Fixed: 10-year closed
Renew an eligible1 Manulife One term sub-account when it’s most convenient for you. Simply download our mobile banking app - Manulife Bank Mobile.
- Tap ‘More’ in the main menu, followed by ‘Services & Fees,’ then ‘Renew your mortgage or sub-account,’
- Review your contact information, and update your phone number or email address if required,
- Select the account you would like to renew (if you have more than one),
- Select your new mortgage or sub-account type and term,
- Provide your consent to the terms and conditions, and
- Tap ‘Submit.’
Once you’ve submitted your renewal request, a message will pop up confirming your submission.
Your new sub-account term will be reflected in your account details one business day after the scheduled renewal date of your current term.
On top of renewing your sub-account for another term, you may also want to take this opportunity to:
- Help protect your account from the unexpected with Manulife One creditor's group insurance2. You may be eligible to purchase up to $500,000 in mortgage life insurance. Our creditor protection also offers job loss and disability riders3. If approved, you’ll have 60 days to review the protection and ensure it meets your needs.
- Reward yourself by applying for a ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa Infinite* or Visa* Platinum credit card. With either credit card, you’ll enjoy valuable cash back rewards on every purchase4 – and we’ll waive your Manulife One monthly fee for the first 12 months. If you have a ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Infinite credit card, we’ll continue to waive your Manulife One monthly fee if you spend a minimum amount of $20,000 (Canadian dollars) using your card each year.
*Trademark of Visa Int., used under licence.
1 If you have a sub-account that is eligible for renewal, you will receive a renewal agreement by mail approximately 90 days before your maturity date. This agreement will outline your renewal interest-rate and term options.
2 Certain exclusions apply.
3 Manulife Bank’s life insurance and disability coverage are underwritten and administered by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife) and job loss coverage is underwritten by First North American Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife, and administered by Manulife.
4 Conditions apply; visit manulifebank.ca/creditcards for details.